Sunday, November 9, 2014

Protocol and DNS

Protocols and DNS
How I wonder what you are
I always see you and hear you but I don't know what you do
Oh Protocols and DNS tell me, tell me, what are you?


*tiiiing*

--Protocol:
Hi there, my full name is Protocol Set O' Rules. I am the manager of CBC(Communications Between Computers) Company.

--Someone:
Oh hello, Protocol! Ah, I see. Now, I know who you are. Thanks!

--Protocol:
No problem. By the way, do you want to know more about the company I'm working at?

--Someone:
Sure! Please do. I'm so enthusiastic about getting to know more of Mr. Protocol and his life.

--Protocol:
Haha, okay. I will introduce to you my subordinates.

First is Mr. Internet Protocol. He is one of the primary subordinates and he is often together with Mr. Internet Protocol.

Mr. Transmission Control Protocol. He is connection-oriented and greatly wanted by major Internet applications.

Next is Mr. User Datagram Protocol. Unlike Mr. TCP, he is connectionless-oriented. He is also very trusted because he never fails to let computer applications send messages.

Mr. File Transfer Protocol. He transfers files from one host to another over the networks of Mr. TCP.

Fifth is Mr. Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. He is an Internet standard for electronic mail transmission across Mr. IP's networks.

Mr. Hypertext Transfer Protocol. Without him, the data communication for the World Wide Web won't be present. He also works on hypermedia information systems.

--Someone:
Wow, because of what you told me, it makes me want to work for the CBC Company. I enjoyed my conversation with you, Mr. Protocol! Thanks for sharing.

--Protocol:
Oh, that's nothing. By the way, do you know the DNS(Domain Name System) Company?

--Someone:
No. What about it?

--Protocol:
We are planning to merge with that company.

--Someone:
Oh! That would be great then.

--Protocol:
Yes, it surely will. The DNS Company contains a group of computers that can be accessed with a common set of rules. It would be magnificent if our companies could be able to work together.


***the rest of the conversation***

No comments:

Post a Comment